Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass Coating 15ml
Unlike regular rain repellent coatings that adhere to the surface of the glass using relatively weak physical bonds, G1 uses a chemical bond which gives G1 unrivalled durability.
G1 ClearVision Smart Glass is extremely durable, the hydrophobic function improves wet weather visibility helping to improve safety and eye strain. It also makes removing contaminants from the glass such as ice, bugs and tree sap much easier.
G1 will only work on glass substrates and so, it will not work on modern headlight lenses which are made from polycarbonate. For these you will need to use G5 Water Repellent for Glass and Perspex.
Choose the 15ml bottle for windshields only, but the 100ml bottle if looking to use on all of your car’s glass. G1 is supplied with G2 Residue Remover.
- Very hydrophobic
- Durable chemical bond
- Last up to 20,000 miles
- Improves wet weather visibility helping to improve safety and eye strain
- Ideal for windshield
- Make sure you are working in a well ventilated area, in a temperature that is 5°c or above
- Wear gloves and do not apply in direct sunlight
- Clean all glass you are going to protect with G6 Perfect Glass and a microfiber towel
- For best results you can polish the glass with G4 Nano Glass Polish (not a mandadory step)
- Once finished, clean the glass back to a shine with G6 Perfect Glass and a microfiber towel – repeat this as many times as needed to remove all residue
- Shake bottle well before use
- For windshields we recommend using 3 layers of G1, but for side and rear screens only 1 layer is needed
- Apply a liberal amount of G1 to an Applicator Pad (included)
- Work product into the glass in a circular motion covering all of the glass, and leave to cure for 5 minutes
- Using a new Applicator pad apply the same amount of product to the pad, but this time put G1 over your previous layer in a side to side motion, leave for a further 5 minutes to cure
- Apply your third layer with the same amount of product on an AP1, however this time apply in vertical straight lines, leave to cure for 15 minutes
- Remove cured residue, with G2 Residue Remover. Dab the G2 onto the remaining applicator and apply to a small area at a time, then buff the glass immediately with a microfiber towel
- Finish by cleaning the wiper blades and glass with G6 Perfect Glass and a microfiber towel
- We recommend you apply a layer of G1 on your wiper blades without removing residue. If wiper blades are worn they should be replaced
- Do not expose your car to the elements for at least 3 hours
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Use G1 and G2 within 3 months of opening
- There may be some wiper blade judder, in 90% of cases this will disappear within two weeks